Admissions to the school are controlled by Cheshire West and Chester Local Authority.
Children attend our school from a number of partner primary schools in the vicinity of Helsby and Frodsham and the surrounding villages including: Alvanley, Manley, Ashton Hayes, Kingsley, Dunham-on-the-Hill, Norley and Aston. Applications are made by October preceding the year of entry.
This year 334 applications were received for 225 available places. 250 applicants were offered places by the Local Authority on the following basis:-
- Cared for children
- Children with particular medical or social reasons
- Children resident within the catchment zone
- Children not resident within the catchment zone but attending a designated partner primary school
- Children not resident within the catchment zone and who live nearest to the school measured in a straight line from their home address.
- Admission to the 6th Form to study A levels is available to students who gain a minimum of 5 Grade 4s at GCSE level.
Parents/Carers can find further information about Helsby High School admission arrangements via the on line admissions service at Cheshire West and Chester’s (CWAC). Parents/Carers can also telephone the school on 01928 723551 or CWAC on 0300 1237039 or visit the website for further information.